Thanjai Restaurant (10176729 Canada Inc..) a family business, specializing in South Indian cuisine, located at 108 Third Avenue, Unit 101A, Ottawa, ON K1S2J8 is searching for an experienced Ethnic cook with at least 5 years of experience in the field and with a strong knowledge of South Indian Cuisine. Prior experience in the South Indian restaurant is a must.
Prospective candidates should have at least some high school in addition to experience and be fluent in the English language
Prospective duties will entail:
• Preparation of South Indian specialized dishes like Sambar, All kind of Chettinad Currys and greavy, Vadai,Idly, Avaiayal, Poriyal, Pongal, Vadacurry, Appam, Kuzhi Paniyaram(Sweet And Caram), Parotha,South Indian varity rices and desserts from the South
• Capable to make Dosa, Uttapam, Parotha and other south Indian Snacks.
• Must be able to upgrade the kitchen operations, creating new menus and presenting top food quality, control costs and deliver strong bottom line returns.
• Have a charismatic leadership style to engage and excite culinary preparation team.
• Experienced in Food Costing and innovative in Recipe Development /Implementation
• Comply with the conditions of the food hygiene policies.
• Responsible for performance, appearance, dress and personal contact of all employees assigned to his area.
• Responsible for checking the quality and quantity of items ordered from stored are received and stored in proper condition according to sanitation procedure and thereafter used in accordance standard recipes.
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
This is a full time position: 35 hours per week with a starting salary of 22.15 $ per hour.
Prospective candidates should forward their resumes by email